Texas is home to many amusement and water parks. The major parks include the Six Flags parks and SeaWorld. Below are lists of all of the water and theme parks in Texas based on size.
Texas’ Major Theme and Water Parks
This Six Flags park is the original in the chain and features major roller coasters, thrill rides, kids rides, and more. It is located in Arlington and features the “industry’s first log flume ride,” “the first hybrid wooden and steel coaster,” and more.
This water park is located in Arlington and is separate from Six Flags Over Texas. It features a wave pool, a surf simulator, rides, slides, and more. It is known for its one million gallon activity pool and one million gallon wave pool.
This theme park is a major tourist destination in San Antonio and it features thrill rides, family rides, and kids rides. It is home to the “world’s first 4D free-fly coaster,” “world’s tallest pendulum ride,” “world’s tallest vertical loop,” and more. Included in admission is White Water Bay, the water park. The water park features slides, rides, and pools. It is home to the “world’s steepest water slide.”
SeaWorld San Antonio is part of the SeaWorld chain and is the “world’s largest marine life adventure park.” It features a few roller coasters, thrill rides, kids rides and more. Aquatica is a water park that is part of SeaWorld but is not included in admission and features water slides, rides, a lazy river, kids play areas, and a wave pool.
Texas’ Medium-Sized Theme and Water Parks
Although these parks are not considered the major amusement or water parks in Texas, they still have a big collection of attractions.
- Joyland in Lubbock
- Wonderland Park in Amarillo
- Western Playland in El Paso
- Splash Kingdom in Canton, Greenville, Nacogdoches, and Weatherford
- Splashtown San Antonio in San Antonio
- Bahama Beach in Dallas
- Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine
- Hawaiian Falls Waterparks in Garland, Mansfield, Roanoke, The Colony, and Waco
- Hurricane Alley in Corpus Christi
- Schlitterbahn Water Parks in South Padre Island, Corpus Christi, Galveston, and New Braunfels
- NRH2O in North Richland Hills
- Splashway Water Park in Sheridan
- Typhoon Texas in Katy and Pflugerville
- Wet ‘n’ Wild SplashTown in Spring
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Waterworld in Anthony
- Castaway Cove in Wichita Falls
- Epic Waters in Grand Prairie
Texas’ Small Theme and Water Parks
These parks include a smaller selection of rides and no major roller coasters.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston
- Kemah Boardwalk in Kemah
- Morgan’s Wonderland in San Antonio
- Kiddie Park in San Antonio
- ZDT’s Amusement Park in Seguin
- Waterpark at The Villages in Flint
- Bedford Splash in Bedford
- Lubbock Water Rampage in Lubbock
- Splash Dayz in White Settlement
- Surf and Swim in Garland
- Volente Beach in Leander
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury from a park, we are here to help. Contact us for more information on filing a personal injury claim to get the compensation that you deserve.